Cossington Village Hall
The original Cossington Memorial Hall erected as a memorial to villagers who fought in the 1914 – 18 War. A second hand wooden hut procured from Codford near Warminster for the sum of £35 was transported to Cossington in November 1921.
Incredibly that original structure, with tender loving care and hard work served the Cossington community for 90 years until the new hall was finally completed in 2011
The delivery of our splendid new hall was achieved, despite many obstacles, due to the generosity, vision and perseverance of a few dedicated individual residents. The hard work certainly paid off.
On 12 November Cossington Village Hall was officially opened by local children and Mrs Mary Bell whose generosity in providing the land had greatly helped the project to progress.
The Hall comprises the main hall named Trivetts Hall after the farm on which the hall is built. ;- and a smaller meeting room named The Broderip Room after the once Lord of the Manor who had provided the land for the original Memorial hall.
Off these are a large fully equipped kitchen and a spacious stage with excellent sound and lighting equipment.
Since opening the hall has gone from strength to strength with many organisations using the hall for regular activities and many ad hoc events taking place throughout the year. The , and will give an idea of the diverse activities taking place.
Here’s to the next 90 years of Cossington Village Hall.